Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm baaaack!

Well, after just 17 short months I have returned to our blog. Geesh. Let's hope I can do better this go round. I will do my best. The only good thing is that means I have lots to talk about so here's a brief recap of last year.

Cameron had just turned 1 and was doing what 1 year olds do. Here is a picture of his most recent birthday cake. I had so much fun making it!




He loved it too! Just look at the excitement. Well ok, it could be that he loved everyone singing happy birthday to him but I like to think it was the cake along with it!

He grew and grew and is now 2 years old and full of energy. I will say without hesitation that he is in the Terrible Twos inside and out. He has become very independent, stubborn, and knows exactly what he wants when he wants it but is not doing well communicating this with us. He has a wide range of words, but does not want to talk in sentences yet. This makes things challenging but we are working on this so it makes life a bit easier on us all. He is very healthy and active and although some days he makes me want to pull my hair out, I would not change him for the world!

Zachary has is now 5 years old. He is the best big brother to Cameron. He puts up with most of the things that little brothers do to annoy big brothers pretty well. He is still v
ery loving and growing up too fast for this mom!


Zach didn't get a super exciting cake but the cupcakes were fun! He was pretty happy with this one. I think we are doing a pirate theme come November. Stay tuned for a fun cake then!

He finished his first year of preschool at Wilber Clatonia Public Schools with Ms. Jenna and lov
ed it! He did great and really enjoyed school. The highlights form his first week of school were according to him: My bus has seat belts and we get to pick which kind of milk we want at snack time and I pick the pink one (strawberry). I thought to myself, well this sounds like it's going to be a great year and it was!

Looking at this picture still amazes me how much he changed in just one year. (Insert Tear Here)

The biggest change for our family was that we moved to Wilber Nebraska on July 31st, 2010. It will be one year next month which is hard to believe. We found a house that we loved and it was just the right move for our family. This tough decision has turned out to be the best thing we ever did. We both work in town so huge plus, we live on a dead end filled with kids and mostly boys similar in age to Zach, second plus, and we have met some of the best people to add to our circle of friends, plus plus plus! Our Crete friends (aka extended family) are still close to us and we see them often. I could go on and on but you get the idea....we are truly happy here and know this is where we want to raise our kids.

This gets me started on recapping where we have been this past year. I will jump back when I think of things that happened. Stay tuned for more current events from all the Crazy Monkeys here at our house......That's what my blog should be, Monkeying around with the Vyhnaleks. It sure could be compared to a zoo some days! I am still playing around with a new background so right now it's monkeys, tomorrow who knows. If you have a fun one that is "Tonjaish" send the suggestion my way. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment