Tuesday, January 26, 2010

It's my 1st Birthday!

Happy Birthday Cameron!

Today is Cameron's 1st Birthday. He really has no clue that it is a special day, but we keep telling him happy birthday all day long. He just smiles. He wore his birthday boy shirt today and will wear it again on Sunday for the big party. We are having about 40 people for brunch. Whew, sounds like a lot but really it's family some close friends who are just like family and we just can't leave them out. Our house will be full but it will be okay.

Aunt Alli brought over some balloons which were a huge hit. Cameron called them "ba" so we pretended he said balloon. :) Zach still had his Elmo balloon from Sesame Street Live. He went with Melissa, Chelsey, and Shane on Saturday. This was part of his birthday gift back in November. He had lots of fun and was really glad the characters didn't get too close to him. He went to the meet and greet and I was told that Ernie and Bert just sat in chairs and that was ok, but he didn't want to talk to them. He never has liked people in costumes and I am guessing never will. That's ok.

I am on call for ambulance transfers this week. It starts on Sunday at 7 a.m. and goes until Sunday the following week. It's only from 5 p.m. - 7 a.m. but of course we have already had 3 transfers this week. It's good money but can mean little sleep. I don't mind getting out of the house and enjoy driving or the patient contact. It gives me my "fix" since I don't get to go on to many rescue or fire calls these days. Craig is a captain and needs to be on scene. I do make some calls but usually stay home with the boys. One challenge of two parents being on the same dept. Oh well, the kids will grow up fast enough and I will enjoy being with them now.

I will post more pictures after the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment