Monday, June 8, 2009

Another Monday

I worked at the bank today becuase it is Monday. I really like it there and enjoy my one guaranteed day with adults. Working there also keeps me thinking and working with numbers as opposed to thinking about dirty diapers, trying to keep the dog hair out of Cameron's mouth and making sure I spend quality time with Zach. Balancing two kids is much harder then I ever thought. It took a long time for me to even go places with both boys just becuase it stressed me out. Now I just take it in stride and don't get worked up about it. But of course taking just one at a time is much more simple. I commend all my friends and family with twins (clapping) you are awesome and I can only imagine the challenges you face.

Zach went to vacation bible school today and brought his friend Delaney. It runs this week and they have a program on Friday. I am so excited to see how he does. I asked him how this first day went and he said, "Good. We sang songs and ate snacks." He showed me the items he got to take home and was explaining it to me but those were the highlights. First Sunday School, now VBS, next stop preschool- but not for awhile. This all means my little man is growing up. Honestly where does the time go?

Cameron went to Kris' house today. We have the BEST babysitter ever. We are so lucky to have her and love that we have become like family. Cameron didn't have much to say about his day but the report was that he cried a lot. I am wondering what we are going to do with him. He has been spitting up a lot after eating and went through 3 outfits today. Yikes. I am making a call to the Dr. tomorrow and ask for suggestions. Is it the formula or the breastmilk or combo? Time will tell I guess but this throwing up business also means I go through just about the same amount of outfit changes as he does. Silly kid, gets me or Daddy everytime. I hope it grows out of it.

Well here are a couple pictures of the boys. I will try to get one of the kids at VBS and add it soon but for now here are two favorites of mine.
Zach on the boat during our trip to Minnesota in May.
Cameron 4 months, what a happy baby.


5 comments:

  1. Do you think he might have reflux? Try to keep track of when he is fussy and spitting up in relationship to feeding times. It might he you to see a pattern and give your Dr. a better idea as to whether or not it is reflux or a true milk intolerance. We went through this with Ezra, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip. I will keep track before I call the Dr. I really know what the deal it. When I nurse him it is less so I wonder if maybe he is drinking to much to fast with the bottle? Also, maybe we should offer less in case he is just drinking it because it is there? We started to introduce food so maybe that will help? The Dr. said he would rather have him drinking more milk and note eating food right now so we aren't forcing it. So did Ezra have to change formula or was is reflux?

    On a side note, Melissa is checking to see if she can find good daycare references for you. TJ is from there and maybe his parents or friends will know someone for you? Just an idea at least. Thanks again, i will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck to the spitting up! Poor kiddo. :( My nephew had reflux pretty bad, and he's on axid to help control it. He also had milk allergies and ended up on Neocate formula... which is $40 a can (which lasts for 2 1/2 days) very very not fun. So keeping my fingers crossed that it's nothing major!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ezra ended up having reflux and a milk intolerance. He tried several different medications and formulas before we finally found something that he didn't cry all the time with. The spitting up got mildly better but didn't go away entirely. We found that the playtex ventaire "standard" bottles worked the best for him because he seemed to have to work a little harder to get the milk and got less air (this was suggested by the gals at MilkWorks). We also had to keep him upright after feedings for at least 30 minutes to an hour and they had us elevate the head of his crib.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i dont know anything about spitting up...but I do know that these are the 2 cutest boys that i have ever met! :)

    ReplyDelete