Thursday, June 11, 2009

Party Pictures

Here are pictures of the birthday cake. We went out to eat at Lee's Chicken in Lincoln with Craig's family. We had fun and the cake was good to. Notice the perfectly placed/spaced strawberries and candles? Yes that is one of my OCD issues or my need for near perfection. Ha Ha - Somethings just need to be that way and others...well who cares. :)

Zach picked out the squiggly candles. He thought Daddy would love them, and he did.
Zach eating the left over frosting. All of us before we cut into the cake.

I think we all had a pretty great day.

Here is the receipe for the best ever White Chocolate Frosting from The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn:

6 oz white chocolate, coarsely chopped (I found it squared in a little 6 oz box)
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, at room temp
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temp
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar

1. Melt the chocolate on low heat in a sauce pan. Stir constantly and let it cool.
2. Cream the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until blended. Then add the melted white chocolate and blend again. Finally add the vanilla and the confectioners' sugar and blend for about 30 more seconds.

So delicious. It said to refridgerate the frosted cake when you are done. Yummy Stuff I had to share.

2 comments:

  1. You are turning in to quite the Betty Crocker these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have to say I am improving. You know my cooking record. :)

    ReplyDelete