Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Traveling and Swimming

We have been busy people here at our house. On June 19th, we traveled to South Dakota for Craig's cousin's wedding and came home on the 21st. It was in Yankton and the kids once again traveled great. We are so lucky. No one gets car sick and we really don't have to stop much except for bathroom breaks and food. I love the dvd player and so does Zach. I sat in the back with the boys for awhile and even got to watch a movie. Craig put on the headphones and listened to the cd I burned with his favorite songs. I am not so sure if that is legal or safe, but most of the time he would hear us talking to him so it must not have been to loud. :)

Zach started swimming lessons in Wilber this week. He is getting a private lesson and loves it! Today they did water safety and what not to do at the pool. He is getting much more comfortable with the water and went down the slide with his teacher and jumped off the diving board. He even went under water!! Wow, I was impressed. Here was my little boy who not to long ago, would not allow his feet to leave the person holding him in the water- doing this. It's amazing how fast he took to swimming. I am happy we decided to do it. We are going to Wisconsin soon and there will be a water park so we wanted him to have water awareness at the most and now I know he will be fine.

We sound like world travelers. This year has been one of many trips. I hate to think of next year when we go on one vacation. Zach is not going to know what to do. Who knows maybe we will be able to do a couple each year. It's been fun.

Cameron has started rolling over regularly. He loves to be on his tummy now. The hard part is about 3 minutes or so and he's done and can't quite figure out how to get back on his back. He is a storyteller and has found his voice there is no doubt. He doesn't have the routine that Zach did at this age, mainly becuase I stay home now. I can kind of predict his day. I should write it down for when we leave go to WI. We are leaving him behind and both Grandmas and Grandpas and Aunt Alli have agreed to watch him. I hope he will be good. We love them for doing this for us!

I thought this was cute but I don't want it to become a habit.

We spent a little time in Davenport last weekend so here are a few pictures. Uncle Shane sure takes good care of his nephews.

Cameron thinking really hard.

Shane and Zach on the 3 Wheeler. Zach just can't get enough of the rides. It can be this or the lawn mower and he loves every minute.





No comments:

Post a Comment