Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Craig!

Today is Craig's birthday and we are going to celebrate by going out for supper in Lincoln. I also made a cake with a little help from Betty Crocker. I did spice things up a bit and broke out my Cake Doctor cook book and followed the receipe in there for a White Chocolate Frosting which I made from scratch. I did a two layer white cake and in the center put frosting and then some store boughten strawberry sugar free glaze. The frosting is fantastic and I will post it later for anyone who likes cream cheese frosting that is not to sweet. Yummy, I think you could dip fruit or crackers in any extra you may have...I think that is what we will do. I will let you know how the whole thing tasted.

Zach is still loving vacation bible school which is going on this week. After he was done in time out yesterday he told me, "I was praying for you Mom." I said what were you praying for me about and he said, "Well I was praying for firetrucks and you becuase Jesus likes it when we pray." I am not sure if he was praying I would not keep sending him to time-out when he is naughty or what but I was laughing pretty hard to myself when I heard that. I guess he is learning something at bible school. Oh boy do I have my hands full with him these days!!

Just a quick update on Cameron. Thanks to tips from my friend Natasha, I kept track of how much he was spitting up and when it was happening. The nurse suggested that we keep his bottles to 4 oz a feeding and then keep him upright for 30 minutes after he eats. His little tummy can't handle much more at one time. I have noticed that not laying him down so soon has helped some. When I am nursing him I obviously can not tell how much he is getting but he seems to be getting full so that is important. I still feed on demand so I don't have much of a routine and it is hard to say exactly how much he is eating in a day. His weight gain is good, he was 16 lbs 11 oz at his 4 month check so they are not worried. I think that when he is offered more oz in the bottle he will just keep eating because they are there and he is not really hungry. I can't blame the kid, sometime I eat becuase food it there to so I can sympathize. :) The past two days he has only spit up two or three times and they were much less. I think we have found the answer for now, let's hope it does not change and we have to buy expensive formula. I would be happy to change my diet before we have to do that.

Ok, birthday pictures to follow tonight.

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that Cameron is doing better! We should get together sometime and do a little playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig says thanks Molly.

    Natasha, I agree. We will make it work soon! The kids would have lots of fun and so would we! Hope you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete